Statement of Faith
- By “The Holy Bible” we mean that collection of sixty-six books, from Genesis to Revelation, which as originally written does not only contain and convey the Word of God, but IS the very Word of God.
- By “inspiration” we mean that the books of the Bible were written by holy men of old, as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Tim. 3:16-17 & 2 Pet. 1:19-20), in such a definite way that their writings were supernaturally and verbally inspired and free from error, as no other writings have ever been or ever will be inspired.
- By “preserved” we mean that God is active in maintaining the purity and existence of His Word in this world (Ps. 12:6-7). For English speaking people this work is seen today in the King James translation of the Bible.
- First, to make individual disciples;
- Second, to build up the church;
- Third, to teach and instruct as He has commanded.
We do not believe in the reversal of this order; we hold that the local church has the absolute right of self government, free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; and that the one and only superintendent is Christ through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:23); that it is scriptural for true churches to cooperate with each other in contending for the faith and for the furtherance of the Gospel; that every church is the sole and only judge of the measure and method of its cooperation; on all matters of membership, of policy, of government, of discipline, of benevolence, the will of the local church is final.